Saturday, December 11, 2010

English

So today my kid was well enough to go to school. I was planning on visiting three different stores before having to pick them up.. As I was grabbing my purse I see the weather outside, it was snowing. Even though I'm Swedish and know how to drive in snowy weather in Sweden, driving on summer tires in a place where no one else knows how to drive in winterweather I was slightley nervous. All went well but I didn't have time to go to all places. Anyways.. I pick my kids up (carpool with the neigbour) and put him down for his nap. He's been having a running nose for a few days and doesn't like to get his nose blown which results in cloths being slightly ucky.. I tell him he has to tell us when he needs to get his nose blown, a while later he comes to me with a tissue in his hand and says "you need to blow my nose". I feelt so proud of him, he's a very smart kid but I was surprised that a three year old actually listend and that he grabbed the tissue himself ohh what a sweetie!!

Another funny story today was when I was in the bathroom, G wants to eat his favorit food Mac & Cheese and since we're not eating at that time and I'm not gonna eat with them I tell him to ask his dady.. I go downstairs and to the bathroom and after a few seconds I hear G walking down the stairs saying "But I want mac and cheese" first I'm not sure if he's talking to me, but then I get that he is. I ask "did you tell you daddy" he goes "but he says I cant have mac and cheese".
I was laughing because the fact that he understood/thought that I was in charge as much, or even more, than his parents.. At that second I feelt very happy. I think there are a lot of au pairs that feel their hostkids are not listening to them, that they don't think the au pair is as much in charge as their parents or as much as they are. And I think there are a lot of hostparents that agree, they are the head of the house and the au pair isn't there to help raise their kids, but there to serve their kids to whatever they want. I'm so incredibly happy that my family is not like that, that they allow me to be the boss of their kid, even when they are home I'm still one of the bosses! I also love the fact that I have the cutest kid ever!!


I'm so happy to be here!! And very excited over Sunday, my hostdad got us tickets for the redskins game :D And fixed Lost season 1-5 on their netflix box, I starting to wonder if they might need someone to take care of their kid now that I'm not going to have time :P

I hope you're very happy about this post in english since I've gotten requests about more posts so give me feedback!!

Cornelia

2 comments:

Hanna said...

Så glad för din skull :)

Ashley :) said...

FINALLY!! something i can read!!! :)
i saw where it had been put on facebook & i could read it & i was like YEEESSSSS :)

im glad things are going so well for you.
hope to see you soon :)